The Great Orme Former RAF Radar Station in WWII
The Summit Complex building was originally ‘The Telegraph Inn’ from where messages were relayed between Holyhead and Liverpool advising of the imminent arrival of sailing ships laden with valuable cargo. Later, much re-built as ‘The Summit Hotel’, it served as the 19th hole for the Great Orme Golf Club that closed in 1939. The site of the golf course is now a sheep farm. During the Second World War the hotel reverted to a signalling purpose and became the RAF Great Orme Radar Station.